Monday, August 15, 2011

Emry's Birthday Week

When someone in our family has a birthday, it’s not just a 1-day sort of thing…it’s a full week of fun!  I always say that I’m only going to do 1 birthday party, but it usually ends up being at least 2, sometimes 3.  That’s 3 PER KID.  Yes, I’m crazy.  Thank you for your concern.

The first birthday party wasn’t exactly a planned out thing, we just happened to be going to my Uncle Gary and Aunt Faye’s house for a bbq after church.  And it just happened to be Emry’s birthday.  And we just happened to get an ice cream cake.

Here’s Emry opening up a couple of gifts: 
Isn’t it beautiful there?  I never really appreciated having acres and acres to roam around on until we bought a house in town.  One day we’ll have property where the girls and I can frolic and play, one day. 


And here’s the fam.
It was hot that day!  Thank you so much Gary and Faye for opening your beautiful yard to us J

The second party was at our house, with friends.  We had lasagna (I’m tired of hamburgers and hot dogs, lol!) and “The Bread”, which is a Pioneer Woman recipe.  It’s basically a lot of bread and a LOT of butter.  And it’s not healthy - it’s delicious. 


I just love our group of friends.  We always have a great time when we find the time to get together…we need to do it more often though! 


The third party is with Jessie’s family.  One word – craziness.  I love it!  There are 9 cousins, ages 10, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 3, 2, and 2.  We did a luau theme and had water guns, a small pool and a slip n slide.  This was a combined birthday – Savanah (6), Ava (5), Landyn and Emry (both 2).  I love sitting back and watching the kids go wild!  They love playing with each other!

We had teriyaki chicken skewers, fruit salad, Hawaiian macaroni salad, baked beans, 2 cakes and a yummy apple pie.  Here’s a pic of the flip flop cake I made:




Here’s some of the slip n slide action:



Jessie and I both got in on it, here’s a pic of him:

The birthday kids:




My SILs Mandy and Randi, Jessie and I, Frank (Randi's husband) and Jessie's Grandma Rains :)



Oh and this was fun --- lol!  Jasper, Jessie and me:

Randi and Frank:

LOL Addy and Jack:

Emry and Landyn:


LOL what a great time!


1 comment: